Single Family Home, Duplex, Triplex, Quadplex and Small Apartment Investors:
Does it make sense to perform a Cost Segregation Study on a single or multi-family residential investment property? Will the overall benefit be worth the cost?
The answer: Unquestionably and definitively, YES!
What is delivered to the owner upon completion of the appraisal?
- Two copies of the cost segregation report; one copy for the client, one copy for their CPA (electronic or hardcopy format).
- Copies of digital pictures of the reported cost segregation items (electronic or hard copy).
- An inventory list detailing quantity and descriptions of the chattel
- Model numbers and serial numbers of appliances – useful with insurance companies if ever a claim is filed
- Can significantly reduce taxes
- Can often create an after tax, cash flow positive real estate investment
- Accelerates an often under-utilized and legal depreciation
- The cost of the appraisal is tax deductible
- Independent third party verification of assets allowing substantial tax savings
- Creates an inventory with written visual description of personal property. This can be helpful in dealing with insurance companies in the event of a loss
- Independent appraisals are valuable aides in the event of an audit